About Me

My photo
One girl, one life, one world shared.

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Normalizing the Human Experience

I've often been asked why I post such personal issues for all the world to see. I often hear, "I can't believe how casually you just said that."

Why do I speak of what should be private matters so openly and frankly?

For me, the answer is simple: I want to normalize the human experience.

I'm often told how unique of a person I am, this facet or that is unique to me, I'm the only one someone has ever met with said trait.

Except I don't think so.

I don't think there is any trait I possess which I alone possess.

I'll give you: this particular combination of traits and experiences adds up to one unique human being -- ME -- but there is not a single aspect of me which is unique to me.

Here we find the purpose of this blog:

I want people who read this, who stumble across this to know they are not alone.

I speak plainly of depression, addiction, relationships, weight management, and other experiences because I KNOW I'M NOT ALONE.

And dear reader, I want YOU to know YOU'RE NOT ALONE, EITHER.


More than that, I want friends, family, and lovers of other human beings to read my words and know there's nothing wrong with the human being they love.

If you know me in life, you know I am a kind, generous, loving AND LOVED person.

You probably also know (at least from reading it here) I have struggled long and often to accept myself and my life.

So this blog is also about acceptance. Here is where I spill my mind as I learn to accept myself and as I desire to give acceptance to others.

This life is hard enough as it is, we don't need to alienate each other --or ourselves--for simply being human.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment